Diatomaceous Earth (DE) is able to be used around your home to combat the pests like roaches, spiders, ticks or fleas. Fleas are the small flightless insect. They are the blood sucking parasites of mammals and birds. Usually, the fleas live on our pets, home or outside. You have to know that the fleas are very hate diatomaceous earth (DE). By the way, does diatomaceous earth kill ticks? Yes of course, diatomaceous earth (DE) is able to kill the ticks or fleas. Therefore, many people use diatomaceous earth (DE) for eliminating them. Based on this case, if you have the pets in your home like the dogs or cats, you should use diatomaceous earth (DE) to remove the ticks or fleason your pets.
Diatomaceous earth (DE) as a natural pest control. It is natural and safe, make it the great option to treat your pet from the fleas andticks. Here, we are going to discuss about diatomaceous earth for flea and tick control on pets. You are able to follow these steps below to use diatomaceous earth (DE) as a natural flea and tick control for your pets.
- At the first step, you have to take note of the areas around your house where your pets like to spend his or her time such as in the bed, kennel,pillow or carpet. These areas are going to be the focus of diatomaceous earth application.
- The second step, you are able to vacuum the kennel, carpet, pillow and other areas where your pet like to stay. This steps is going to collect any flea eggs which maybe lying around it. You have to know that collecting these eggs before you apply diatomaceous earth (DE) is very important because the flea eggs are not affected by diatomaceous earth (DE).
- The next step, dust the area with diatomaceous earth (DE). You can use a sieve or a tied off sock filled with diatomaceous earth (DE). Dust the area, pet bed, and the blankets thoroughly. Diatomaceous earth (DE) is most effective when it is dry, so make sure that the areas where you apply Diatomaceous earth (DE) are not damp. Now, you can leave Diatomaceous earth (DE) applied as long as possible.
- After that, it is not impossible for the fleas to survive. But you have to still comb your pet’s fur with a flea comb. It is only to make sure there are no the fleas get away. Please do this steps every few days.
- After some weeks, you have to vacuum thoroughly. Clean up the diatomaceous earth, any surviving fleas, as well as their eggs, larvae, and pupae. It is to make to break the flea’s life cycle.
This is the explanation about how to use diatomaceous earth for ticks and fleas on your pets. If you want to buy Diatomaceous earth (DE) for fleas and ticks, simply you are able to buy it in many stores or marketplaces with various price.