Commonly, the most people use diatomaceous earth (DE) as a flea prevention, but many people also add diatomaceous earth (DE) for their pet like cat. Based on the research, Diatomaceous Earth has some benefits for cat such as to improve metabolism, appetite and digestion. If you want to use Diatomaceous Earth for your cats, you have to ensure that you buy Diatomaceous Earth food grade for your cat. Besides that, there are many people also use diatomaceous earth for cats worms. They said that it is one of the great solutions.
Flea is the small flightless insect. It is as a parasites of mammals and birds. Usually, the flea live on our pets, home or outside. You have to know that the fleas hate diatomaceous earth so much. So, if you have the cats, you are able to use Diatomaceous earth (DE) as a natural pest control. Diatomaceous earth (DE) is natural and safe, make it the great option to treat your cats from the fleas. Here, we are going to discuss about diatomaceous earth flea control. You are able to follow these steps below to use diatomaceous earth (DE) as a natural flea control for your cat.
- At the first step, you have to take note of the areas around your house where your cat likes to spend his or her time for example in the bed, pillow, kennel or carpet. These areas are going to be the focus of diatomaceous earth application.
- The second step, you are able to vacuum the kennel, carpet, pillow and other areas where your cat likes to stay. This steps is going to collect any flea eggs which maybe lying around it. You have to know that collecting these eggs before you apply diatomaceous earth (DE) is very important because the flea eggs are not affected by diatomaceous earth (DE).
- The next step, dust the area with diatomaceous earth (DE). You can use a sieve or a tied off sock filled with diatomaceous earth (DE). Dust the area, pet bed, and the blankets thoroughly. Diatomaceous earth (DE) is most effective when it’s dry, so you have to ensure that the areas where you apply Diatomaceous earth (DE) are not damp. Now, you can leave Diatomaceous earth (DE) applied as long as possible.
- After that, it is not impossible for the fleas to survive. But you have to still comb your cat’s fur with a flea comb. It is only to make sure there are no the fleas get away. Please do this steps every few days.
- After some weeks, you have to vacuum thoroughly. Clean up the diatomaceous earth, any surviving fleas, as well as their eggs, larvae, and pupae. It is to make to break the flea’s life cycle.
This is the explanation about natural flea control for your cat. We hope this article is able to help you for removing the fleas from your cat. So, if you think that diatomaceous earth not killing fleas, it is wrong. In fact, Diatomaceous earth (DE) is able to kill the fleas.