There are some types of lice. The most common kind of lice is head lice. It is a parasite which attaches to human hair and feeds on human blood.Female adult lice is able to lay up to six eggs every day. Then the eggs are going to laid onto the shaft of hair. Adult lice has size like a sesame seed and it can be very hard to see because the lice can be any color from white to brown.
The lice bites is very itchy and it is very disturb. If you get the lice on your hair, you have to get rid of them as soon as possible. There are a lot of to remove the lice. One of them by using Diatomaceous earth (DE). What is Diatomaceous earth? It is made of the fossilized shells of diatoms. Diatomaceous earth (DE) is like an ancient kind of algae. These microscopic shells, mostly consist of the mineral silica which accumulated in freshwater lake and then formed the huge silica deposits. When mined and ground into powder, then we can call it as diatomaceous earth. Actually, it is also known as diatomite. Diatomaceous earth (DE) is as natural pest. Therefore, many people also use diatomaceous earth for lice.
As we know that Diatomaceous earth (DE) is as a natural pest control. It is natural and safe, make it the great solution to remove the lice from your hair. By the way, will diatomaceous earth kill lice? Yes, of course. Diatomaceous earth (DE) is going to kill the lice. To kill them, you just need to do several steps. Well, in this article, we are going to share about how to apply diatomaceous earth for lice. You are able to see its method step by step in the text below.
- At the first step, you have to mix together the diatomaceous earth and tea tree essential oil.
- Then you are able to place a small amount in your hands and massage in hair and scalp. Ensure to cover all areas. Diatomaceous earth is able to create a lot of dust, so you may need to use a mask while applying.
- The next step, you are able to leave it on hair overnight.
- After that, you can wash your hair next morning and dry your hair with a hair dryer.
- Then, you can also use a lice comb to remove any eggs or nits out of the hair.
- In addition, you are able to make a preventative spray of 1 cup witch hazel, Diatomaceous earth (DE), 10 drops eucalyptus and 10 drops rosemary essential oil. Spray it daily on dry or wet hair.
- The last, repeat the same process for two more days, or as you need.
This is the explanation about how to get rid of head lice with diatomaceous earth. There are a lot of people who success do this method. If you have problem with the lice on your hair, we suggest you to try this method.